As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, so does our response. The Manchester Co-operative Credit Union (1977) Limited (MCCU) wishes to inform you of the measures that we are undertaking to continuously meet your financial needs while prioritizing the safety and security of you, our valued members, and our employees. To this extent, kindly note the following:
- Effective March 21, 2020, we will be doing detailed cleaning and sanitization of all our locations on Saturdays. To facilitate this necessary action our branches will be closed on Saturdays until further advised.
- Enhanced daily cleaning continues in all our branches.
What You Will Experience When You Visit Us
To ensure that we continue to give the Government of Jamaica and by extension the Ministry Of Health and Wellness our full support, we are doing the following:
1. Sanitizing members upon entry with 70% rubbing alcohol.
2. Limiting the number of members that can be in our banking halls at any one time to ten (10).
3. To ensure that social distancing is practiced, our banking hall has been adjusted with markings indicating where you should stand.
We Are Here For You 24/7 Online
Remember you can do some of your banking from the comfort of your home by using our I-Bank platform. The I-Bank platform can be used for your everyday needs such as checking your balance, account history, making loan payments, transferring money between accounts, and receiving Money Transfers. You may also access your funds by using your Access Plus Debit Cards at any Multi-Link Machine and/or point of sale islandwide. Please note also that the Credit Union has an ABM at both Branch locations so you may deposit or withdraw cash regardless of branch hours. Get more information on these services by calling 876-962-0401 (Mandeville Branch) or 876-964-3648 (Christiana Branch).
Our Branches Are Open & We Have Maintained Our Usual Weekday Opening Hours
Each Department or Unit would have activated their respective response plan. As the health and safety of our members and team members are core to how we operate, we have reduced the number of team members operating in the branch on a shift basis and/ or remotely, as a protective and preventative measure. Given how fluid the situation is we continue to monitor all developments relating to COVID 19 in Jamaica.
Let us Stand Together
Your Credit Union will continue to be here for its employees and members, throughout this turbulent time and the inevitable recovery. Your Credit Union is a key part of the soundest and most resilient movement within the financial sector in Jamaica. That gives us and should give each of you, confidence that we have the capacity and flexibility to do what’s necessary to respond to the current situation.